The mission of the Agnes & Beny Steinmetz Foundation is to strengthen Israel’s social fabric by creating a better future for the children and youth of the country. The organization’s main focus is to support and improve services related to early childhood. The foundation hopes to help children develop the skills and confidence required to grow and develop into responsible citizens who make valuable contributions to the community.
With a goal of creating a more positive future for Israeli young people, the Agnes & Beny Steinmetz Foundation supports several educational programs and organizations. The foundation is also involved in a range of education, welfare, health, and culture programs.
Projects funded by the foundation must be in line with the foundation’s mission of improving the lives of children and young people across Israel. The foundation works with children in need, youth at risk, and children who do not have the means of furthering their education. The Agnes & Beny Steinmetz Foundation also supports a variety of organizations that promote culture and health
The Agnes & Beny Steinmetz Foundation is mainly involved in projects in the following spheres:
- Early Childhood – The foundation collaborates with local municipalities to establish services aimed at improving early childhood.
- At-Risk Youth – By working on projects using outdoor training, the foundation strives to find innovative ways to work with at-risk youth. The organization facilitates activities such as dancing, therapeutic riding, sailing, filmmaking, and drama.
- Higher Education – The Agnes & Beny Steinmetz Foundation grants 125 scholarships every year to students through the Netanya Academic College. Students who are eligible for the scholarship volunteer to help children in a variety of roles.
- Afterschool Centers – Through the foundation’s support, seven afterschool centers throughout the city of Netanya provide young people with hot meals, assistance with homework, and a variety of enrichment activities.
- Health and Culture – Deeply committed to Israel, the foundation supports a range of organizations that promote health and culture, such as Ezra Vetikva and the Tel Aviv Museum of Art.
The Foundation's History
The Agnes and Beny Steinmetz Foundation was launched in 2007 with the goal of creating a better future for the children of Israel. Before the foundation was established, Agnes and Beny Steinmetz were actively involved with several charitable initiatives in Israel and around the world, mainly focused on children, youth, health, and culture. The couple started the foundation after deciding to streamline their philanthropic activities and to operate more professionally and strategically. Since its establishment, the foundation has made a positive impact on the lives of 24,000 children, 2,200 parents, and 2,000 professionals.